Monday, September 3, 2012

ROOTS By Alex Haley So I chose the book for my 1st of many Literature analyses this year for several reasons. Firstly, I've been wanting to read this book every since I'd found it lying around after my sister left it after she moved out to go to college, and secondly, of course I'd seen the little mini series in 8th grade which also kindled my interest in the book. Finding out that there was a book version of the mini series interested me, since the series was took approximately 2 weeks to finish, and if they cut out a whole bunch of the story to fit into like twelve episodes then the book must have and extraordinary amount of story left, and it's always good to read a book and input your own ideas instead of seeing someone else's product such as a movie/show. Lastly, the story roots, is about a family history- the tagline itself says "The Saga of an American Family," you see even as a kid I'd always been interested in genealogy, even though trying to trace back my family tree is like trying to trace back a family forest, so I've never really gotten around to it. Therefore I'd like to read a fictional story about someone else's. I am excited to start this book I will indeed start right after posting this. -Dylan But

No comments:

Post a Comment